Welcome the episode all about Dyeing yarn. We explore the idea of re-purposing yarn through dyeing as well as focusing on old unattended projects. It's all about appreciating what you've got and maybe giving it a 'brand new frock.' :)
Dyeing technique & materials:
- We used both Country Classic and Jacquard Dyes
- Dharma Trading is a great resource for dyeing supplies and tutorials. This is where I got the "spongy paintbrushes" and Synthropol.
- Dye Instructions (Knitting by Zen) - including how to set in the Microwave
- Elann Yarns used - (currently not an open product page on the Elann site because they're out of stock but you can search for the yarns under these names in Ravelry if you have an account):
- Elann Undyed Superwash Merino and Silk
- Elann Undyed Soybean
- Forgot to add - Creatively Dyed Yarns (some gorgeous examples of the speckled dye work)
- Recommended Books and Resources
BBC Comedy Gold:
- The Good Life (Just a side note - Tom and Barbara already had paid off their house so going self-sufficient might have been more of an option :))
On the Needles:
Natalie's Noro Silk Garden Rainbow (Buttons from the Button Emporium
)* *I improvised the pattern based on your basic bottom-up cardigan.